Monday, September 22, 2014

A Love Letter to My Followers (and 100 of them YOU should be following)

I hit 100K followers today (OMG), and I still remember the exact feeling I had when I hit 100. I could not believe that 100 people (that were not my relatives or friends) actually had an interest in what I had to say. The conversations I had with those 100 were unbelievable. Here I was, speaking with people from around the world, in executive positions at companies I lusted after, or interns in cities I had always dreamed of living in, or people that were on a completely different career path than I was that I gained inspiration from.

A year and a half, and 99,900 more followers later, I feel as equally as thankful and in awe. Greater than the number of followers, has been the increase in authentic conversations I’ve had with people from literally all walks of life. 

I started Twitter in 2010 as an intern. It was mandatory for me to have one at the Miami beach agency I was interning at. I followed a handful of people, and mainly used it as a search tool for the next three years to find articles on social media. I found it to be the most accurate spot to find the articles I was looking for in the industry. I was a silent participator, savoring every new article I found in private. 

Then, when I started my own business and blog, I found a new passion for Twitter, and here I am today, actually using it as an engagement tool.

I wish I could just paste transcripts of every meaningful conversation I’ve had with my followers RIGHT here, but it would be endless. I truly believe I am the luckiest girl for the time followers have taken to engage with me, and read my blog. I still feel like the Twitter newbie a year and a half ago, that screamed and went out for drinks with friends at the sight of a 100th follower, because who knew people were actually interested in what she had to say.

So, while I can’t take all of my followers out for drinks, I can pass along the love. Here is my list, in no particular order, of the 100 people I can think of off the top of my head that I have had eclectic, authentic, emotional, riveting, lovely conversations with on my account. Granted, there are WAY more than a 100 followers I’ve had meaningful conversations with, but, hey-- you gotta start somewhere:

  1. Roman Jancic (@RomanJancic)- Thought provoking-- he share incredible quotes and makes me think twice about things.
  2. Nick Cicero (@NickCicero) - Awesome networker.
  3. Joshua Mathe (@WadoobiePtC) - Clever. Stand-by for our Anti-Fruty pie campaign (Since we are both pecan pie lovers, duh)
  4. Jason J. Loya (@JasonJLoya)- His film connectons don’t hurt ;) In all honesty though, he is completely engaged and willing to learn more about social which is something I love in a follower!
  5. Shelma Bockey (@sbockey7)- A go-getter! Full of so much drive and smarts it’s unbelievable.
  6. Jeff Sheehan (@JeffSheehan) - One of the first people I followed on Twitter for his inspiration and, as it turns out, he is INCREDIBLY kind and humble, as well!
  7. SOCIALiTELL (@SOCIALiTELL)- Sassy
  8. Suncoast Social (@SuncoastSosh) - Smart-- love their blog!
  9. Christine Collins (@ccollins1919) - Motivational
  10. Chateau Clingman (@chateauclingman)- Enthusiastic
  11. Adam Dince (@AdamDince) - Compassionate
  12. Chris Moody (@cnmoody) - Approachable
  13. StemageSkincare (@stemageskincare)- Classy
  14. Erik Qualman (@equalman) - Humble
  15. Laura Bedrossian (@LauraBedrossian) - Hilarious
  16. Lisandra Carballosa (@PRntheCity)- Peppy (Cuban Coffee in a Twitter account :) )
  17. Melanie (@vinogger)- Wino. Enough said.
  18. Jess K Taylor (@i_amjessk) - My favorite girl from college that I love dearly :)
  19. Michelle Glover (@EnTREEpreneur)- Intelligent! I love to see the network she’s created.
  20. Gayatri (@GayatriWrites) - Inspirational
  21. Christopher Tivey (@ctvy17)- Engagin, Jolly 
  22. Brian Diaz (@b_diaz)- Smart
  23. M' (@MaureenahN)- Inspiring
  24. Mike Miller (@mimllr)- Hilarious Ginger
  25. Kelli Snedegar (@ksnedegar)- Soulmate-- Love you, Sned <3
  26. W3 Impact Movement (@W3Movement)- Empowering
  27. Ann Hofvander (@annkh)- Enagaged
  28. Sea World Mommy (@SeaWorldMommy)- Passionate
  29. Andy Swann (@AndySwann)- Helpful
  30. Brian Fanzo (@isocialfanz)- Positive
  31. Midori Miller (@midorimiller)- SoFlo
  32. Tris Banha (@TrisBanha)- AMAZING
  33. Jeff Mayes (@midnightdog)- Cleverly Intelligent
  34. Jay Baer (@jaybaer)- Expert
  35. Petra Schrott (@petraschrott)- Lovely
  36. Adrienne S. McCord (@AdrienneSMcCord)- Energetic (COFFEE!)
  37. Rose Caiazzo (@JacksonHoleRose)- My touch of Wyoming (my homestate)!
  38. Mike Raffone (@MikeRaffone)- Inquisitive
  39. The Bitcoin Rat (BitcoinRat)- Fun
  40. D’Narius Lewis (@DnariusLewis)- Courageous
  41. Tom Varghese Jr. MD (@TomVargheseJr)- Kind
  42. Code Improv (@CodeImprov)- Honest
  43. Everyday Orange (@everydayorange)- Personable
  44. Tina Shakour (@tinahskour)- Thinker
  45. Anthony Permal (@AnthonyPermal)- Thoughtful
  46. Syed Malik (@sydma22)- Philosophical
  47. Jess Borrini Burgett (@jessicaborrini)- Engaged
  48. Elizabeth Burnside (@Eli414)- Strong
  49. Najaah Y. Daniels (@NajaahD)- Beautiful (Inside and out!)
  50. Becky Joy Photo (BeckyJoyPhoto)- Kindred Spirit
  51. EagleEyedEditor (@EagleEyedEditor)- Caring
  52. Sandy T (@sassygirlcanada)- Sassy ;)
  53. Roger Neil Russell (@shadowsofsense)- Spiritual
  54. Aurora New Dawn (@AuroraNewDawn)- Encouraging
  55. Arno Douze (@ArnoDouze)- Learner
  56. woKATse (@woKATse)- Motivational
  57. Chris Zubryd (@SirGalahad)- Networker
  58. Jose Guaravselvam (@JoseKagoo)- Wicked smart
  59. Danielle Beder (@daniellebeder)- Brave
  60. Oracle CX Fan (@OracleCXFan)- Creative
  61. Dr. Tecsla Evans (@DrEvansCo)- Supportive
  62. Nick Jones (@magicjones34)- Enthusiastic
  63. Amelia Tran (@AmelianTips)- Incredible girl!
  64. Kelsey Rae (@KelseyRae)- Engaged
  65. Antony Bagalue (@AntonyBagalue)- In love with my dog, and, really, that’s all it takes.
  66. Gary Gonzalez (@gargon82009)- Touch of home ;) (Ask him abt my mad tennis skills)
  67. Liv Graber (@LivGraber)- Smart
  68. Brian M. Koshley (@bkoshley)- Knowledgable
  69. Vladimer Botsvadze (@VladoBotsvadze)- Aware
  70. Mark Bernhardt (@ImMarkBernhardt)- Smart
  71. Dago Ochoa (@dagoochoa)- Has been a follower since the beginning! Smart, compassionate dude!
  72. Cheryl Massey (@ccmasseytx)- Miami connection ;)
  73. MacCBOE (@MacCBOE)- HUGE heart
  74. Adam May (@agkmay)- Super networker :p
  75. Marquee Chang (@MarqueeChang)- Generous
  76. Business Unbound (@BusinessUnbound)- Enthusiastic
  77. Dimitri and Cat (@DimitriandCat)- BEST GRAPHIC DESIGNER EVER. He designed my Sherman Social logos. Check them out @ShermanSocial.
  78. Tracy Stella (@TracyStellaBlog)- Personable
  79. Mally Graveson (@mallygraveson)- Great at delivering personalized sport scores when you can’t watch the game!
  80. Nobre (@NobreClothings)- Great style and mission.
  81. ThinkAboutC (@ThinkAboutC)- SMART
  82. Philip Emmanuele (@philipemmanuele)- Using Twitter the right way as an Exec!
  83. Lindsay Stewart (@LindsayNStewart)- Sweet
  84. Gabe Chesman (@gchesman)- Thinker
  85. Cameron J. Wood (@Cameron_Wood)- Incredibly compassonate
  86. Nikk Smit (@NikkBishopSmit)- Finds awesome social content
  87. Blowfish Hangover (@BlowfishHangover)- Haven’t had a need to use their product yet, but they are pretty good at their social media.
  88. Steve Martin (@LeoMcGirr)- Philosophical
  89. Tom Dealy (@tomdealy)- Brings up great points on social!
  90. Jason Schemmel (@JasonSchemmel)- One of the funniest, smartest guys I know
  91. Kenn Blurton (@BlurtonKenn)- Tips me off to awesome topics for my blog :)
  92. Deke Bridges (@dekebridges)- Knowledgable AND compassionate
  93. Brian Moran (@brianmoran)- Clever small business consultant that knows what’s up
  94. David Payton (@david_payton)- In love with his glasses.
  95. Massimiliano Balbi (@MaximilianBa)- A little shout of from Italy never hurt a girl.
  96. Ian M. Calvert (@IanMCalvert)- Businessman :)

So THANK YOU to those of you that have found me relevant enough to follow. I've had so many real conversations with you from consulting you on social media issues you're having, to having you console me when I all of a sudden found myself in an abusive marriage. The kindness, intelligence and authenticity you've given my Twitter community is astounding, and I am incredibly grateful for it everyday.

Love,
M.
















No comments:

Post a Comment